Our Club History and Objectives
The Club was established in 1963 following a public meeting called in late 1962. The then Sandringham Council supported the establishment of a new tennis club in the area. The first courts were completed in 1964. The clubhouse was completed in 1966 and additional courts added in 1972 and 1982, making a total of 7 courts. Lights were added to 3 courts in 1993. In 2005, 6 courts were completely replaced and lights added to another court. The club is located on council land and forms part of the Beaumaris Community Centre. See location
To provide well maintained tennis facilities at reasonable cost for the use of members and non members from the local community.
- Provide facilities for members to play tennis either on an ad hoc basis, in organised team competition or club sanctioned social play.
- Provide tennis coaching facilities to the local community.
- To offer a junior tennis development program.
- To facilitate a night tennis competition, open to both members and non members.
- To provide opportunities for non members to hire club facilities.
- Offer a range of social activities for members.
- To increase club membership.